What is the Grants4Apps® Accelerator?
The Grants4Apps® Accelerator is a mentoring program for digital health startups taking place in Berlin. This year’s batch with five startups runs from August until December. The program offers mentoring by entrepreneurs and Bayer experts, office space for 100 days, and funding of 50,000€.
We are focusing more this year on projects related to our therapeutic areas, such as Women’s Health, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Hematology, Oncology, or Radiology. However, we are also open to highly innovative digital health software or hardware projects dealing with patient engagement, prevention, patient compliance, clinical trials, awareness or management of clinical conditions.
What is the timeline?
- Submit your application until May 31st, 2016.
- Mid June 2016 we’ll conduct video conferences with the most promising startups to get to know the teams.
- The final decision about the five startups that get accepted will be made in Mid June, and we will notify you in that week.
- If you are accepted into program, the founders and key members of your team are expected to stay in Berlin for the duration of the accelerator program: Mid August till the first days of December, 2016, with no exceptions.
- Between Mid June and Mid August, you will have to look for housing, move to Berlin and sign the funding contract with us. The funding contract can only be established between Bayer and your company (not a private person) and we will sign it as soon as we have your company data.
- The Accelerator program runs from Mid August till the first days of December 2016 with five startup teams in Berlin.
More information is available on our website: www.grants4apps.bayer.com/berlin/